New users not showing up in OAB but show in GAL in OWA

Event ID 9320
OALGen could not generate full details for some entries in the offline address list for address

Get-OfflineAddressBook – Identity “Default OAB” | fl
GUID: 2e91c924-5590-4013-94a2-0dc08fe9285e

I checked the OAB folder on the Generation Server, and the 2 distribution servers, and noticed one of the distribution servers had files that were not modified with todays date, but the generation server did, as did one of the distribution servers.  So it appears to be a replication issue.

D:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\OAB\2e91c924-5590-4013-94a2-0dc08fe9285e

Our 2 HUB servers are set as the OAB Distribution points, but is showing files last modified 10/11/2016 while the other is today, 10/12/2016.  So there seems to be a replication issue between them.

I ran Update-FileDistrubtionService – Identity EXCH01 -Type OAB
This ran about 15 minutes and didn’t finish

On the server without the updated OAB lzx files I restarted the Microsoft Exchange File Distribution service

The lzx files last modified date then updated to today’s date.

From my Outlook i downloaded a new copy of the OAB from Send/Receive and tested by creating a new email and confirming the user missing was now available

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *