If you install .net 4.5 or newer, it breaks remote web workplace, however there is a workaround
- Open web.config file located at: “%ProgramFiles%\Windows Small Business Server\Bin\WebApp\RemoteAccess”.
- Search in Web.config for “<serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled=”true” />”, change this line to <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled=”true” minFreeMemoryPercentageToActivateService=”0″/>
- Save changes and close the file.
- Run IISRESET from an elevated Command Prompt window
Install wireshark on a computer you want to capture from
Navigate to the installation directory of wireshark
run the following command replacing the < > with appropriate options
dumpcap -i -w -b filesize:32768 -b files:128
dumpcap -t “Local Area Connection 2” -w “C:\wireshark\test.cap” -b filesize:32768 -b files:128
This captures 128 files with 32MB size for each file, uses 4GB of disk space and rotates out oldest first
RDS Setup – Quick Notes for single server installs
Install server 2012 R2
Assign Computer name and IP Address
Join RDS to existing domain
Install RDS role
Delete existing quick session collection
Create \\rds\userprofiledisks on root of D:\
Create new session collection
Edit collection properties
End disconnected session after 10 minutes
Idle Session Timeout 12 hours
Add RD Licensing Server role
Edit Deployment Properties
Change licensing to User CALs, add RDS server
Tools – Terminal Services – Remote Desktop Licensing Manager
Right click RDS and Activate Server
Add license authorization and agreement number to server from MS open license agreement on VLSC
RDS Web Access
Cannot open volume for direct access.
Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.
Use the system restore feature from the control panel to restore the system to a point prior to the recent software package installation.
An unspecified error occurred (766f6c756d652e63 3f1)
- Cant see the C:\ drive in disk defragmenter
- sfc /scannow reports no errors or issues
- HP firmware and BIOS is on the latest versions
- Disk shows fine in Disk Management
- NTFS errors in Application log, unreadable and corrupt data
- Run Repair off 2008 R2 ISO
I was cleaning up a customers Active Directory and organizing the users, computers, servers into their own OU’s. I saw an empty OU called SBSServers and deleted it thinking nothing of it… it was empty right?
Next day i hear that a user is getting a gadget error and she cant login from home. I tried a few other things, but recreating the SBSServers OU under MyBusiness, Computers OU finally fixed it.